Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Of Introductions

Lately I feel as though I need a place to express myself. To put thoughts down on a page somewhere public enough that I must really think before I write, and yet far enough removed from life that I will not overly self edit. I maintain a livejournal, a myspace, a facebook page. None of these things meet my needs, as I keep them firmly separated from from each other and from various other aspects of my life. Livejournal is for the world of fandom: fanfiction, meta, roleplaying and for the people I have met within that self contained internet world. Myspace and Facebook are for day to day life and keeping up connections with friends and family, people with many different beliefs and sensibilities that force me to self edit at least a little out of respect for them and a desire for their continued respect for me.

A blog, then, seems a reasonable place to mix both worlds and introduce things I have been uncomfortable pursuing in either setting.

No comments:

Post a Comment